1 a book in which the nurse writes down the time and dates arranged for people to see the doctor
2 containing harmful bacteria
3 pills to kill bacteria and cure the infected part of the body
4 the room in which sick people see the doctor for advice or treatment
5 unexpected and dangerous situation that must be dealt with immediately
- This is a linear passage so the questions are asked in the order of the passage.
- Read the passage a few times - skim to get a rough idea, scan for details.
- Read and understand the question.
- Refer to the passage and locate the phrase or sentence where the answer may be found.
- Read the questions again and pick your answer.
- If the answer is not found in the passage, infer or make your conclusions based on the passage.
Monday, 5 December 2011
Theme : World of Personal Relationships
Moral Values: Kindness to animals, Love for knowledge
Read the passage below and answer the questions that follow.
Sugar, Asha's pet cat had paw and she took it to her aunt;s veterinary clinic to treat it. Sugar was the first patient in the appointment book(1).
Abi, Dr. Vicky 's assistant placed Sugar on the table. r. Vicky began by stroking Sugar and talking to her gently.
Then, Asha held up the bad paw to show her aunt. " I think he has been bite," Dr. Vicky said. " The bite is infected (2)".
"You'll have to clean it everyday like I'm doing now," she explained.
" Yes, I will, Asha replied.
" He also needs antibiotic tablets (3). Give it one each day. He'll be good in no time," she continued.
She gave Sugar a pat. Asha thankrd her aunt and left the room.
Just as Asha was walking out of the consultation room (4), the front door of the clinic swung open.
" My dog.....he's been hit by a car! Please help him." A man carring an injured dog, looked around desperately.
The waiting room was packed but Dr. Vicky had to treat the dog first. The other patients had to wait because it was an emergency. Asha collected the tablets and left. She is proud of her aunt is doing and she is going to be a veterinarian when she grows up.
1. The first patient in parangraph 1 refers to
2. Dr. Vicky told Asha that Sugar's paw
A) was creshed
B) had a wound
C) was full of blood
D) had not been cleaned
3. Dr Vicky showed Asha how to
A) bathe the cat
B) talk to the cat
C) dress the wound
D) calm the cat down
4. The man who brougnt his dog in
A) was very worried
B) was pretending to bensick
C) was Dr. Vicky's good friend
D) made an appointment to see Dr. Vicky
5. Which of the following sentences is not true?
A) Dr. Vicky loves animals.
B) Sugar was bitten by a dog.
C) Dr. Vicky is a gentle person.
D) Asha wants to be likr Dr. Vicky.
Tuesday, 18 October 2011
Actually, in order to teach my pupils a 'Reading", I had hundreds of "Questions" in my head!!. I was forced to learn a whole new set of symbols and sound-spelling correspondences. At first these strange-looking squiggles and lines were meaningless to me. I tried everything I use with my students to learn them as quickly as possible.